Monday, May 28, 2018

Biology Week 3 - Human Genetic Evolution

Although I was not able to get the link to www.cartage.org.1b/etc to work, I was able to find a lot of information on human genetic evolution.  The Broad Institute in Cambridge, Mass seems to be the most recent source and leader in studying human genome.  The fact that scientists have the ability to study the DNA across species and see back millions of years is incredible.  Although I don't fully understand the details of the genetic science, I get the big picture.  Africa appears to have been the ground zero for the dispersal and diversification (evolution?) of primates.  Their studies also seem to confirm that speciation of humans and chimpanzees was a gradual process and more recent than previously thought.  I can't wait to see what we learn as technology advances and further studies are conducted.

No comments:

Post a Comment