Sunday, August 12, 2018

Week 4 Biochemistry - Our Biochemistry and Cognition

The age old dilemma of seeking the "fountain of youth".  I am often intrigued by the amount of money people spend for anti-aging products and surgeries, yet invest so little in their daily health practices that would support happy longevity.  I have a painting of an old Asian lady smoking her opium pipe that a family friend painted over 40 years ago.  When I look at her wrinkled face, I see a life lived well.  Her eyes sparkle and her smile speaks of wisdom.  In her culture, she has earned the right to smoke a little opium to ease the pains of a body that has lived a long time.  Gravity eventually wins and we will all have wrinkles and parts sag just a bit.  I think the point should be enjoying the life we live.

No comments:

Post a Comment