Sunday, August 12, 2018

Week 3 Biophysics - Bionics and our Biophysical Future

When I think of a bionic "person" I think of an AI and honestly, I don't support this technological advancement simply because it is one more step in the direction of humans disconnecting from the world around us.  I don't "talk" to my phone, my computer, my TV or my house and expect that I never will.  However, I know it is life changing for people who have lost, or never had, the use of arms, legs, eyes or ears to gain the use through bionics and I am grateful that technology gives them that choice.

I believe we have only made advancements of bionics for medical purposes because the military has been doing it for decades.  I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there are already bionic soldiers developed and ready to deploy.

No comments:

Post a Comment